EXAMPLE One room has been allotted to him.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.