EXAMPLE One room has been allotted to him.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )