EXAMPLE The headmaster is all in all in the school
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.