EXAMPLE The headmaster is all in all in the school
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Fatal to ( মারাত্মক ) he doctor's mistake proved fatal to his life.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.