EXAMPLE We were alarmed at he news.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Grateful to ( কৃতজ্ঞ (ব্যক্তি) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.