EXAMPLE He aimed his gun at he bird.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- Trust to ( বিশ্বাস করা (ব্যক্তি) ) You may trust the work to me.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.