EXAMPLE He aimed his gun at he bird.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.