EXAMPLE He aimed his gun at he bird.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Envious of ( ঈর্ষান্বিত ) I am not envious of his riches.
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions