EXAMPLE I can't agree to the proposals.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Provide against ( পূর্বে ব্যবস্থা করা ; সরবরাহ করা ) You must provide against evil days for your children.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.