EXAMPLE I can't agree to the proposals.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.