EXAMPLE I am not afraid of ghosts.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Faith in ( বিশ্বাস ) I have no faith in him.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- Argue with ( যূক্তি দেখানো (ব্যক্তি) ) I argued with him for the point.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions