EXAMPLE I am not afraid of ghosts.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )