EXAMPLE I am not afraid of ghosts.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.