EXAMPLE He is affectionate to me.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Dull of ( বোধশক্তিহীন ) He is dull of understanding.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )