EXAMPLE The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.