EXAMPLE Khadil was admitted to university.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Comment on ( মন্তব্য করা ) He commented favorably on the point.
- Warn of ( সতর্ক করা ) He warned me of the danger.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.