EXAMPLE Khadil was admitted to university.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Belong to ( অধিকারে থাকা ) This house is no more belongs to him.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.