EXAMPLE Khadil was admitted to university.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Commence on ( শুরু করা ) Our examination commences on the 3rd July.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions