EXAMPLE Your conduct admits of no excuse.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.