EXAMPLE Your conduct admits of no excuse.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.