EXAMPLE He was admitted into the room.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.