EXAMPLE He was admitted into the room.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.