EXAMPLE Her college is adjacent to her house.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.