EXAMPLE Her college is adjacent to her house.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.