EXAMPLE Add this to that.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.