EXAMPLE He always acts upon to my advice.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.