EXAMPLE He always acts upon to my advice.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist