EXAMPLE He acted under the orders of the Headmaster.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.