EXAMPLE He acted under the orders of the Headmaster.
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions