EXAMPLE He acted under the orders of the Headmaster.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.