EXAMPLE Such hard work will act upon your health.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Need of ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I am in need of more money.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Kind of ( প্রকার ) What kind of paper is it?
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Respect of ( সম্বন্ধে ) He is junior to me in respect of service.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.