EXAMPLE High court acquit him of the charge.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.