EXAMPLE High court acquit him of the charge.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.