EXAMPLE I am acquainted with her.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Crave for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) He craves for wealth.
- Confident to ( আবদ্ধ (শয্যা) ) He is confined to bed.
- Sure of ( নিশ্চিত ) I am sure of success.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.