EXAMPLE I am acquainted with her.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Faith in ( বিশ্বাস ) I have no faith in him.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.