EXAMPLE I am accustomed to such a life.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg