EXAMPLE According to his order i went there.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Hard of ( কম শোনা ) He is hard of hearing.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.