EXAMPLE He was accompanied by his father.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.