EXAMPLE Public has no access to this area.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Attach to ( জুড়ে দেওয়া ) Attach this file to the email.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.