EXAMPLE Public has no access to this area.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions