EXAMPLE Scientist is absorbed in experiment
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.