EXAMPLE Scientist is absorbed in experiment
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.