EXAMPLE Rifat was absent from college.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Partiality for ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He has no Partiality for his son.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.