EXAMPLE Rifat was absent from college.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.