EXAMPLE The ocean abounds with fish.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.