EXAMPLE Fish abounds in this river.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Glance at ( চোখ বুলিয়ে নেওয়া ) He glanced at me casually.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Deprived of ( বঞ্চিত ) He was deprived of his property.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.