EXAMPLE One should abide by the rules
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )