EXAMPLE One should abide by the rules
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.