Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- Talk of ( কথা বলা (কোন জিনিস) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy of (about, over) the matter.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions