Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Envious of ( ঈর্ষান্বিত ) I am not envious of his riches.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Need of ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I am in need of more money.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )