Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.