Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Agree to ( একমত হওয়া (প্রস্তাব) ) I can't agree to the proposals.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Beware of ( সতর্ক হওয়া ) Beware of pick-pockets.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions