Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Hard of ( কম শোনা ) He is hard of hearing.
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.