Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Charge on or against ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Theft was charged on (against) him.
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.