Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions