Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Complain against ( অভিযোগ করা (অন্য ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.