Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.