Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.