Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Compare to ( তুলনা করা (অসদৃশ বস্তু) ) Anger is compared to fire.
- Envious of ( ঈর্ষান্বিত ) I am not envious of his riches.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )