Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Escape from ( পলায়ন করা ) The prisoner escaped from the jail.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.