Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Alternative to ( বিকল্প ) This question is alternative to that.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.