Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Engaged to ( বাগদত্ত ) Lila was engaged to him.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.