Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Partiality for ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He has no Partiality for his son.
- Provide against ( পূর্বে ব্যবস্থা করা ; সরবরাহ করা ) You must provide against evil days for your children.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.