Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions