Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- Deal with ( ব্যবহার করা ) He deals well with the customers.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )