Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Disgrace to ( কলঙ্ক ) He is disgrace to his family.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )