Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions