Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Care of ( যত্ন নেওয়া ) Take care of your health.
- Prevent from ( বারণ করা ; প্রতিরোধ করা ) I prevented him from going there.
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )