Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Warn of ( সতর্ক করা ) He warned me of the danger.
- Fatal to ( মারাত্মক ) he doctor's mistake proved fatal to his life.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.