Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Engaged to ( বাগদত্ত ) Lila was engaged to him.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- Overcome with ( দমন করা ) He was overcome with fatigue.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.