Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.