Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Enquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.