Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions