Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.