Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Blind of ( দৃষ্টিশক্তিতে অন্ধ ) He is blind of one eye.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )