Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.