Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Beware of ( সতর্ক হওয়া ) Beware of pick-pockets.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Indulge in ( আসক্ত হওয়া ) He indulge in drugs.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.