Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Beware of ( সতর্ক হওয়া ) Beware of pick-pockets.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.