Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Laugh at ( বিদ্রুপ করা ) Do not taught at the poor.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.