Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Respect of ( সম্বন্ধে ) He is junior to me in respect of service.
- Warn of ( সতর্ক করা ) He warned me of the danger.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions