Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up