Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Arrive at ( পৌঁছানো ) We arrived at the station in time.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Blind of ( দৃষ্টিশক্তিতে অন্ধ ) He is blind of one eye.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions