Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Argue with ( যূক্তি দেখানো (ব্যক্তি) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.