Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.