Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.