Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.