Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.