Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Engaged to ( বাগদত্ত ) Lila was engaged to him.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )