Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Excuse for ( অব্যাহতি দেওয়া ) He will not be excused for coming late.
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.