Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.