Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Envious of ( ঈর্ষান্বিত ) I am not envious of his riches.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.